Jaleesa is a social impact business that connects busy parents with experienced, trusted child carers. Our babysitters cover the whole of Beirut and an expanding set of other areas in Lebanon. To find out if we cover your area, enter your location into our search panel at www.jaleesa.co.
How it Works
You can meet your trusted, security-checked babysitter or nanny through our website, www.jaleesa.co. You can speak to a member of our team by calling +961-1-447198, or call Stephanie direct on +961-76-817-019.
Our sitters go through a 4-step security process, designed by moms. Step 1 is a criminal record and identity verification, then Step 2 is reference checks and an interview. If they pass, they will attend Jaleesa’s training (Step 3) and assessments (Step 4), including a session with a psychologist.
We are currently implementing Steps 1 and 2 of this process, and are designing our Jaleesa training in cooperation with the Lebanese Red Cross. Meanwhile, we insist that all our babysitters have previous experience of child care, and an appropriate reference. They are also briefed on basic First Aid, Jaleesa’s Customer Service Standards, and Child-Friendly Activities for kids aged 0-13.
Our mission is to help women get into work, no matter what their economic status.
We do this by:
- offering trusted child care for working families, so moms can go back to work, knowing that their kids are being educated, nurtured and cared for;
- creating flexible, safe, dignified jobs. Our goal is to create 100,000 jobs. We aim to recruit at least 1 in 4 of our sitters from an underprivileged background;
- subsidizing child care for underprivileged families, so mothers can seek employment or do job-related training.
So when you book with Jaleesa, you know you are making the best choice for your children, and helping to build a stronger community for them to grow up in.
How can you help?
If you would like to support Jaleesa, you can:
- Share our website on Facebook and Instagram.
- Book a trusted babysitter or nanny, by calling +961-1-447198
- Sign up to our mailing list for updates and special offers below
- Apply to become a babysitter, by filling out our online application form, in English or Arabic.
- Join our Panel of Supermoms, or volunteer with us (contact us!).